Data Journalism 101
- “What Is Data Journalism?” a clear summary in the introduction of Data Journalism Handbook, which is available for free under the Creative Commons license.
- “Data-driven journalism, explained,” by the Knight Center at the University of Texas.
- “5 tips for getting started in data journalism,” an article by Associated Press editor Troy Thibodeaux
- “Essential data journalism skills,” a conversation with three data journalists, published by MulinBlog.
- “Understanding Data Journalism,” an overview of sources, tools, topics, published by Harvard University’s Shorenstein Center.
- “9 Must-read Books for Beginners,” by Adrian Blanco.
- “10 tools for the data journalist tool belt,” a guide by Troy Thibodeaux covering various aspects of data journalism.
- Storybench, a website maintained by Northeastern University’s School of Journalism that explores the use of data in story telling and visualization, with discussions of tools, designs and innovations.
- “Journalism in the Age of Data,” a video report on data visualization as a storytelling medium.