- “Computational Journalism,” by Sarah Cohen, James T. Hamilton, and Fred Turner.
- Communications of the Association of Computing Machinery
- A comprehensive list of resources for data journalism; includes blogs, books, and conferences
- Facts Are Sacred: A blog about data journalism and data visualization, then published into a book.
- “Data Journalism at the Guardian“: A “10-point guide” by Simon Rogers, data editor.
- “Frontiers in Massive Data Analysis“: Report in The National Academies Press that examines tools, skills, and approaches toward analyzing massive amounts of data.
- “Data Journalism in Action“: ProPublica’s Surgeon Scorecard, hosted by WNYC.