Finding Papers and Experts
- The World Health Organization’s Global research on coronavirus disease (COVID-19) page. This searchable and downloadable database of research publications on the coronavirus disease is updated regularly by WHO.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Databases and Journals page. A source for finding scholarly articles about COVID-19, the page includes links to several journals’ COVID-19 resource pages.
- “Covering biomedical research preprints amid the coronavirus: 6 things to know,” (Journalist’s Resource). This suite of tips was compiled from insights of Bill Hanage, associate professor of epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and John R. Inglis, cofounder of the medRxiv and bioRxiv preprint servers.
- “Tips on finding and vetting experts during a disease outbreak” (Association of Health Care Journalists). Freelance journalist and AHCJ board member Maryn McKenna and Kent State University epidemiologist Tara C. Smith share suggestions for finding qualified experts quickly during a fast-developing health story.
- Lists of expert sources have been compiled by various universities and organizations, including: