So you’d rather read a book than a website?
We recommend these books on science writing and journalism as a starter-resource library:
- The Science Writers’ Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Pitch, Publish, and Prosper in the Digital Age. Thomas Hayden & Michelle Nijhuis, eds. (2013)
- News and Numbers: A Writer’s Guide to Statistics. Victor Cohn & Lewis Cope, eds. (2011)
- A Field Guide for Science Writers: The Official Guide of the National Association of Science Writers. Deborah Blum, Mary Knudson, & Robin Marantz Henig, eds. (2005)
- Best American Science and Nature Writing, series editor, Jaime Green, published annually by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Science Blogging: The Essential Guide. Christie Wilcox, Bethany Brookshire, & Jason G. Goldman, eds.