Your application can now be completed online. Before starting your application, please make sure to visit the Application Basics page to ensure you know what the required documents are for submitting a complete application.
By submitting your application you are agreeing to all of the requirements listed below if awarded the fellowship:
- To reside full-time in the Boston/Cambridge area for the academic year: August 15 through May 15.
- To attend field trips, seminars, and required training sessions arranged by the Knight Science Journalism Fellowships.
- To participate in at least one science course per semester.
- To produce two short journalistic works for the program’s magazine, Undark, during the academic year.
- To refrain from professional work during the Fellowship, unless written permission has been granted by the Director.
- International candidates must obtain a J-1 visa from the U.S. State Department after being awarded the Fellowship.
You will need to register before starting your application.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2016-’17 fellowship. We’ll announce details about the 2017-’18 fellowship in late 2016.